Ah - Another season of La Liga and Marcatoons!! Here is the link and translation graciously provided by my Venezuelan translator Marcos.
<not sure who this is>: Cordial greetings. I am Garcia, although many call me “El Butano” [the butane]. But not because I have gas, notice the tip. But because if somebody lights me, I explode. Luis, Luisito, Luisete, here there is …
Gasol: … too much … What’s the name of that sport of little guys that lose? Ah, yes, football. Here there is too much football. You need more world champions. And I will be a signing of stature. Just by saying that I am [measure]…
Messi: … one-sixty, about sixty goals I will score this season. It’s the only thing left for me to copy Maradona. And let’s see if they make the fields larger, because in 5 secs I can go from one goal the other, and I get bored. And I can’t stand…
Schuster: … that journalists would tell me who I need to play. That I should play Raul, that I should play Guti… One day someone will ask me to play his cousin and his mother in law. I had it so easy at Getafe, I didn’t have to stand…
Eto’o: …the babying of Ronaldinho, they let him do anything and never… I am sorry grandpa… <answers the phone> Yes? Ah, Laporta, hello my brother. Whatever you say. <hangs up> Barca’s dress room is great, we are all friends and train with lots of energy. And for example…
Mijatovic: I smile because I know I have put together a great team. Well, I also smile because the hair gel pulls me back and I can’t close my mouth. But well, as sport director I know that…
Hamilton (singing “Yesterday” in English): … Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away, now it looks as though they're here to stay, oh, I believe in Yesterday. Suddenly… [Subtitles in Spanish say: “… in Marcatoons I will run into Alonso. However, he will not recognize me when he sees my face, since at the races he only sees me from behind…]
Aragones: Well, I am very impressed with the roster “y tal” [and so on]. It made my hair stand on end. Well, except in the back because I have a hairless butt. Welcome to Marcatoons and so on. Take it Gasol!
Marcatoons 2nd season.
1. Not sure who this guy is. Another Luis Garcia?
2. Pau Gasol plays basketball for the Spanish National Team. They won the world championship in 2006.
3. Lionel Messi - young, right-sided midfield player for Barca. Achieved even greater fame last season for duplicating two very famous goals by Maradona.
4. Bernd Schuster - new coach of Real Madrid, replacing Fabio Capello
5. Samuel Eto'o - the gazelle of Barca. There were rumors of tension between he and Ronaldinho last season.
7. Predrag Mijatović - Serbian, former player and now Sport Director of Real Madrid.
6. Lewis Hamilton - Fernando Alonso's British race partner. A youngster who happened to beat Alonso a few times last year.
1. Can anyone explain the origin of Aragones saying "culo pelao" (hairless butt, bare ass, bald ass, etc)?